- Please refer all new patients to Diamond Physical Therapy Associates, PC by calling 617-803-8730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide prospective patients our website: www.diamondphysicaltherapy.com
- Laura will call prospective patients, help answer insurance concerns and provide additional information about our practice.Laura offers free 10-minute consultations by phone or in person, by appointment.
- M.D. referrals, office notes, copy of radiology reports may be helpful in coordination of care.
- Laura will communicate with referring physicians and/or clinicians about the patient’s plan of care and provide status reports at the time of follow-up visits.
- Patients do not have to be a member of the facility to participate in therapy.
- Patients don’t need to know how to swim.
- Deep water may be used for patients who:
- Are non weight-bearing.
- Are unable to tolerate weight bearing secondary to pain, inflammation, and swelling.
- Need lumbo-pelvic stability exercises in a vertical position.
- Shallow water may be used for patients who:
- Are fearful of deep water.
- Can benefit from buoyancy assisted gait training, for decreased weight bearing.
- Can tolerate only approximately 50% weight-bearing activities, or have partial weight-bearing restrictions.
- Have balance and coordination problems and are unsafe in deep water.
- Some patients progress from deep water, to shallow water, to land based programs.
We do not have specific protocols, but rather develop a plan of care to meet the individual needs of the patient. The following are general guidelines:
- All treatments are individualized. We provide one on one care and do not treat patients in groups.
- All patients receive a 50-55 minute “land” evaluation on the first session, in the Sudbury office. Follow-up appointments are 50-55 minutes and are in Sudbury or Concord.
- Laura provides hands on, manual treatment, water therapy, therapeutic exercises, core strengthening and patient education.
- Ultrasound, phonophoresis, electrical stimulation, and ice are available.
- It is usually beneficial for patients to participate in a home or pool program as an adjunct to their treatment.
- The frequency and duration is dependent upon evaluation and patient goals; shallow water to land based programs.
Rugged Bear Plaza
410 Boston Post Road, Suite 29
Sudbury, MA, 01776
Office with treatment space and core strengthening exercise equipment.
Beede Swim & Fitness Center
498 Walden Street
Concord, MA 01742
Four pools, 83 degree 8 lane lap pool with lift and stairs, 90 degree therapy pool with lift and stairs, 88 degree children’s play pool, 84 degree deep water diving well, family changing areas, and fully equipped fitness area.